#1429: Assertion error when using "eval" & new UIUC speedup in TwoPunctures ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Reporter: bernard.j.kelly@… | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2013_11 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: TwoPunctures, malloc ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Comment (by bernard.j.kelly@…):
Hi Roland. Apologies for the CCTK_REAL/CCTK_REAL* typeof; I'd corrected that myself locally, or so I thought.
Anyway, I can confirm that fixing the one obvious logic bug in line 115 of the original code does *not* fix the actual issue; I'd tried that first in my own run. But it should be fixed, anyway, if the Numerical Recipes code is to persist.
I suspect Erik's observation --- "It seems the problem is that retval[nrl][0] is never set." --- is the real problem in the original code. Nevertheless, I think the Numerical Recipes Fortran-masquerading- as-C code should be junked anyway. I was originally going to submit my simpler d3tensor as a replacement for what's there, but then thought that this would be more minimalist. That still leaves "dvector" etc ...