#824: Update tests which rely on BSSN_MoL to use ML_BSSN instead ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: rhaas Type: task | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2012_05 Component: Other | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: testsuites ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
epsilon shows up as 1/pow(epsilon,4) in the metric so 1e-4 corresponds to grid values of order 1e16 which is too large to feel comfortable for me. With 0.5 I still have values of order 16 on the grid (going down to 1.5 or so at the edge of the grid so a dynamic range of about 2 orders of magnitude). This was the reason for the large value of epsilon. It's also a hedge against Intel non-precise floating point arithmetic which required rather large values of epsilon in previous tests. I might get away with 1e-1 (which is half a step size and would thus correspond more or less to a staggering the grid ) but based on the experience I had getting the Exact and RotatingSymmetry tests to robustly pass on both intel and gcc 1e-4 will not work.