#534: Checkpointing fails on LoneStar ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: CarpetIOHDF5 ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
I don't care which mpi version is used, as long as it works. I just commented here because nobody else reported either failure nor success with mvapich2, and I didn't see these problems so far. Maybe the differences between the git and hg version are large enough to not be a problem here, whether that problem might be in Carpet or mvapich2. I actually have something running now using the git version (not because of this ticket) and it might be interesting to see if I can checkpoint this. Also, I believe Roland is using the Curie-ET on lonestar and I know that he could checkpoint without problems using the git version as well. So, while I am not per se against changing the MPI version, I also see some people who do not have any problem with the current setup. It would be interesting to know why, although it might be hard to find out, I agree. How many people tried OpenMPI on lonestar, and was there a speed-penalty?