#1995: McLachlan constraint tests fail ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2016_11 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: McLachlan constraints tests compiler optimization ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by wolfgang.kastaun@…):
Maybe related: I just found huge constraint violations in a BNS simulation. This already affects the initial data, and the run behaves pretty normal otherwise, so I assume it is only in the calculation of the constraints. The momentum constraints differ, but only by 10% or so. The maximum Hamiltonian constraint violation corresponds to around 16 pi times the maximum mass density. This could mean that either the matter terms are not added or added twice or that the spacetime part is added twice. The latter would not be that obvious in a vacuum simulation, only a factor 2. How big was the difference for the failed tests?
I am using the Payne release compiled with 17.0.1, and use ML_CCZ4 for spacetime evolution.