#1365: Kranc-generated thorns should be regenerated before the release ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2013_11 Component: Other | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by barry.wardell):
Replying to [comment:7 hinder]:
Replying to [comment:4 eschnett]:
I don't see a reason to change the released version. It has been
tested, it works, so let's keep it that way.
The reason is that it can cause surprise to users who might want to make
modifications to the code. They will regenerate the thorn and see some unrelated changes. If the changes are minor (formatting etc), I think they should be included in the point release. If not, then we should just chalk it up to experience and try to do better next time. We should also warn people that these thorns might change if regenerated.
I haven't checked McLachlan or WeylScal4, but in the case of EinsteinExact the only change it makes is to the schedule.ccl, adding (Everywhere) to the READS and WRITES lines.