#114: per-variable tolerances for Cactus testsuites --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: tbode Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_11 Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
OK, in that case, the debugging code should be left in. I didn't look too closely at that, it was just a general observation.
I hadn't considered the case of files matching more than one expression. As you say, in that case probably the code should abort and the user should make the expressions more specific. If this becomes a problem in future, we can relax the restriction and print a warning that only the last expression is being used.
The reason I said that the code wouldn't work for multiple regexps is that I had misunderstood the code on line 219. Sorry. You are correct, it should work fine.
I disagree that my suggestion would invalidate all current test files. My proposed interface includes the original interface as a special case - i.e. the user specifies ABSTOL = 1e-9. They can optionally put a regexp after it if they want to use the new feature. I agree that the opposite order is a bit more logical, but that would mean that you couldn't interpret this as an additional optional positional argument which defaulted to '.*'. I think that the new behaviour is just an extension of the old, so a new keyword is unnecessary. It also means that you need separate code to handle the two cases, whereas if you have the same keyword, you can use the new code exclusively, with just one additional line to say "the default regexp is '.*'". This reduces code duplication (you can then remove the current ABSTOL and RELTOL cases in the code). Unless I have missed something else!