#105: fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching branches. ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: eric9 Type: defect | Status: new Priority: blocker | Milestone: ET_2010_11 Component: GetComponents | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Changes (by knarf):
* cc: ian.hinder@… (added) * milestone: => ET_2010_11
Old description:
Using the current ET_2010_11 GetComponents with https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/branches/ET_2010_11/einsteintoolkit... gives the error message:
fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching branches.
for three repositories:
Unable to process KrancNumericalTools/GenericFD Unable to process McLachlan/doc Unable to process Carpet/doc
New description:
Using the current ET_2010_11 GetComponents with https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/branches/ET_2010_11/einsteintoolkit... gives the error message:
fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching branches.
for three repositories:
Unable to process KrancNumericalTools/GenericFD Unable to process McLachlan/doc Unable to process Carpet/doc
However, they are the first of each git-block, so this seems to be a general git problem. I don't get anything looking like ET_2010_11 in .git/config, so I assume switching to the branch didn't work. Either this is a problem in GetComponents, or the branches are really not there (how can I check this?)
--