#1078: ignore non-evolved points in check_GRHydro_C2P_failed ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: GRHydro ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I updated the patch to include an error check for a NULL return from GetVarDataPtr to the glue routine. In theory the run results should not differ at all with the patch. If they do, it is a bug in CarpetEvolutionMask. This is the major reason why I would not make it the default right now (and why my suggested parameter snipped contains all the enfore_XXX settings): I would very much like to verify that everything works as expected in a full mesh-refined production runs using a moving grid.
I am not sure if I like a default that silently does something different depending on whether CarpetEvolutionMask is available or not (since I then get no warning if I forget EvolutionMask in my parameter files). I'd be happier with a default that aborts (in ParamCheck, please) if CarpetEvolutionMask is missing and tells me what to do to make it work (a la Carpet's InitBase handling).
Generally I believe that the less magic is in a code the better.