#350: Autogenerating cctk_Loop.h --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
2. I think it would be good to have OpenMP support in this, as then we can say that Cactus supports OpenMP out of the box, without adding the complexity of LoopControl, which is really designed to solve a much harder problem. 3. You mean variable names for each? The macro then declares variables named in this way for these things. What is the reason for letting the user choose these variable names, rather than providing a standard, such as CCTK_NORMAL? Maybe your way is better. I think it should be consistent for all the macros. The current implementation does not do everything that I said above; you cannot determine how far you are from the boundary. What do you think about this? 4. The usual case is to loop over "internal boundaries", so I think these should be called just "boundaries". Isn't it quite unusual to want to loop over ghost points and symmetry points? That version should have the less common name. Maybe we can find a way around the backwards compatibility issue. This code has never been released (it was committed after the release in November), and I suspect might not have been used. "internal boundaries" sounds like it loops over all ghost zones, as those are internal to the domain.