#1397: make attempt to change non-steerable parameters at recovery fatal error --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: optional | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Please change it to be an error in trunk - we'll see what will happen. I don't expect much, apart from the positive effects we want to achieve. I don't see a reason why trying to steer a parameter that isn't steerable shouldn't be an error. Continuing might actually hurt much more. A run might burn time, and a user might wait until it finished before realizing that a change she intended to make wasn't applied. That's worse than an aborted run for a wrong parameter file. Of course, we did want to have an option in Cactus that could check parameter files before actually running them, right? That might not work on all systems, but on the ones where it does (most I expect), simfactory (or the user) could run this before submission...