#1556: Online Thorn Guide broken -----------------------------------------+---------------------------------- Reporter: joachim.frieben@… | Owner: Type: defect | Status: confirmed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: broken index -----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
There are clearly different ways people use the documentation. There is HTML and pdf - both are used by different people. There is one file/page vs. hundreds. Also here different people prefer different ways. I mentioned that I think it is important to be able to search in just one document containing all thorns. I don't see how a directory page linking the different ThornDocs would help here. Also, this only applies to the HTML version.
Concerning the thornguide being configuration-specific: this is the default right now, and it has the advantage that you don't need to have a "clean" arrangements structure to get the thornguide for a specific thornlist - say the Einstein Toolkit. It also has the advantage that you typically only build documentation for thorns you actually care about, so errors in other thorns don't affect you. The only current immediate failure comes from #1489.
There could be a 'make thornguide' too, simply creating a temporary thornlist from all thorns.