#1518: Parameter parser and CCTK_ParameterSet interpret leading zeros in numbers differently ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: sbrandt Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
As far as I can see in the patch, the function Util_ExpressionParse has been removed. Is this correct? I consider this a change to the API, because code which calls this function will have to be changed. I had assumed that this function was documented and an official part of the flesh API, rather than an internal function, since it has a Util_ prefix rather than CCTKi_. However, I now see that it is not documented (http://einsteintoolkit.org/documentation/ReferenceManual/ReferenceManualpa2....). I suspect that it is considered by most Cactus developers to be part of the flesh API, and should have been documented. Since it is callable from user code, I don't think it should be removed. Instead, the API should be maintained, and should call the new code underneath.