#1401: misspelling ActiveThorns in parfiles results in unhelpful error message ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: sbrandt Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Just removing them violates our policies for removing features. However testing this just now it seems that (using the Piraha parser) global parameters are currently broken so we can be relatively sure that no one was using them (they seem to work if I turn off piraha with piraha_active = 0 in ParseFile.c).
So, given that we de facto no longer support global parameters, we should remove them from the documentation and I am fine with changing the error message either as comment.2 or comment.3 indicate. I think that error messages should use CCTK_VWarn(1,...) rather than std::cout though so that they appear in the error stream and that registered callbacks can catch them.