#1959: Rename Root Directory "EinsteinToolkit" --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: anonymous | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
I am on the same page as Roland. As the current component list is really a thornlist, and thus, downloads only stuff for Cactus, the name isn't incorrect. We could call it something else, but I think we should have a good reason, as it would change what the default does.
I would think that with other codes, independent of Cactus, joining the ET (soonish as I hear), we will have other component lists that don't even download the Cactus stuff, but only one of these other components.
As to an 'overall' components list: I am not sure this would go well with the current GetComponents script and multiple root-dir entries, but the GetComponent script isn't set in stone either. We could allow changing ROOT inside a list, I suppose.