#1591: Simfactory: add -Wall and '-warn all' options to warning flags for intel compilers -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: bmundim | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I did not quite follow the discussion but would like to. Bruno, would you mind to paste one of the actual error messages, please? Making a half- blind guess, are the errors occuring in connection with EOS calls where we actually declare the calls to take arrays as arguments but then often just pass a single scalar? I agree that this is in violation of the Fortran standard, so far it has not caused problems and since it is quite cumbersome to fix it everywhere it occurs so far we have not bothered. I'd also be very surprised if there actually is a Fortran compiler out there that passes a scalar A and a array A differently since basically all existing C interface code assumes that both are passed as a simple pointer.