#1676: Add CT_MultiLevel elliptic solver to the Einstein Toolkit --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: confirmed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I think it's fine to keep the thorn in its current BitBucket repository. It is part of its own arrangement, which is the repository, anyway. The thorn is described in the documentation, which I linked to. I would like to update the description that I added to http://einsteintoolkit.org/about/gallery/incoming.php. It currently reads
This simulation shows how to solve an elliptic equation. The source term
and boundary conditions are specified via grid functions, in this case provided by the CT_Analytic thorn. Fixed mesh refinement concentrates points in the neighbourhood of the Gaussians, and a multigrid algorithm is used to solve the Poisson equation. The plots below show the converged solution, and the norm of the solution error as a function of time.
First, is this correct? I just realised that I didn't explain that the Gaussians were source terms (are they?). It would be good to describe what is used as the boundary condition; I couldn't tell from briefly looking at the parameter file. Also, if it's easy to change a grid spacing parameter and have it run on a workstation or laptop, we could mention that as well, so that people can try it out without a cluster. I assume that with a lower resolution, it will converge much faster as well? We could also include a reference to the paper describing the solver.