#440: Cannot check out Carpet non-anonymously ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------ Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eric9 Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Keywords: | ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------ Whenever I try to check out Carpet non-anonymously using the standard thorn list, I receive the error message
$ ./bin/GetComponents --update --root=. manifest/einsteintoolkit.th
Error: The URL for Carpet/doc has changed, please perform a clean checkout.
(This is not a helpful error message, because the urls are not shown.)
I find that, for Mercurial, GetComponents always sets $url = $component{"URL"}, using the anonymous url. Later it compares this url to the url actually used to check out the repository, which is in my case different, since I used the non-anonymous, authorized url. This leads to an unconditional error.
The file $HOME/.crl/users does not enter, since I never enter a password for this repository.
The only way to circumvent this problem is to modify the URL in the thorn list to make it identical to the AUTH_URL.