#1881: Unclear error message for parameter file error -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
hmm, this will take a while I am afraid. The code is still very hard for me to read since it introduces many new lines of code and changes other lines above and below as well. It also seems to be completely uncommented, using very short variable names to give me no hint as to what they may mean, making this a very hard to maintain code I fear.
One question I have even before digging any deeper: why does the human readable range only include 'a' to 'y' and not 'a' to 'z' (and similar for digits and uppercase letters)? Should the underscore '_' be included in human readable (this would make human readable the class of characters allowed for C identifiers).