#2188: running on wheeler fails with error messages from MPI --------------------------+--------------------------------- Reporter: Roland Haas | Owner: Erik Schnetter Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2018_08 Component: SimFactory | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+---------------------------------
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Good question. I had a look just now. The log file shows that the mpirun used was `/home/eschnett/src/spack-view/bin/mpirun` and we set MPI_DIR to be /home/eschnett/src/spack-view however MPI_LIB_DIRS ends up being configured (by MPI's detect.pl script) as `/home/eschnett/src/spack/opt/spack/linux- rhel7-x86_64/gcc-7.3.0-spack/openmpi-3.0.1-6lcorydh3sxme5eu3pculmgzo2nefolv/lib` . We do not (other than on Crays) use mpicc but instead use the normal compiler and explicitly link against the MPI library. The `mpirun` in in `/home/eschnett/src/spack-view/bin/mpirun` is identical to the one in `/home/eschnett/src/spack/opt/spack/linux- rhel7-x86_64/gcc-7.3.0-spack/openmpi-3.0.1-6lcorydh3sxme5eu3pculmgzo2nefolv/bin` so it should be compatible.
So, it does not seem to be quite so simple.
If I had to bet money I would bet on the system infiniband library having changed and one has to recompile OpenMPI to account for this.