#626: Recovery fails in AHFinderDirect RecoverML with out-of-bounds assertion in CarpetLib ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_10 Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Thank you for the quick (and insightfull reply). I used option (1) for the test suite. That works fine.
If I understand this correctly and remember properly that the operation requiring time interpolation is the filling in of buffer zones, then this implies that after a recovery prolongation is done? I am a bit concerned what happens if I checkpoint on an odd timestep (assuming I have 2 levels). Below 'x' is the coarse grid, '+' the fine, and '*' is where they overlap. Time is up. {{{ xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 1 ++++++++ 2 xx********xxxx 3 ++++++++ 4 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 5 }}} In this situation I would expect the buffer zones (4) to be filled in useing coarse data from (1),(3) and (5). During evolution though I would have expceted the corresponding buffer zones to be filled in by what would be (3),(5),(7) instead.