#619: launching jobs with simfactory without necessarily syncing the sources --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: anonymous | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: optional | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: simfactory remote directory --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
OK, so the answer to the original question is: "configure simfactory using its configuration file, defs.local.ini, to specify information about the remote machine that it cannot know". Can the ticket be closed?
Regarding the situation on damiana, if you use simfactory directly on the head node, you have to prefix every command with "--machine damiana/datura". This is very tiresome. I would prefer simfactory to know which machine I meant by the directory I was in, and for that I need separate directories for the two (such a feature is not implemented yet in any case). It also means you can have the same configuration name for a given project for all machines, and not have to add _damiana or _datura suffixes all the time.