#978: parameters to reverse un-enforced Cactus schedule ordering --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
It's a Shell sort, or so I understand. qsort (plus the comparison function it requires) would also work (I had forgotten that the std C library qsort only requires a compare function and not also a swap function). There is no good reason not to use it. I expect the Shell sort to be slightly faster since the number of items is usually very small and almost sorted (which is the bad case for qsort I believe). But speed really does not matter here and I much prefer using library functions than writing my own. The strcmp is likely there because I copied ScheduleTranslateModifierType, same for the FIXME I assume. I'll take care of all of these. Thanks for the detailed review.