#1126: Ubuntu.cfg does not link with libmpl ------------------------+--------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Keywords: | ------------------------+--------------------------------------------------- mpich2 on ubuntu seems to require an explicit -lmpl to link with libmpl on my test system. The fix is obviously to include this library in MPI_LIBS. {{{#!diff Index: mdb/optionlists/ubuntu.cfg =================================================================== --- mdb/optionlists/ubuntu.cfg (revision 1828) +++ mdb/optionlists/ubuntu.cfg (working copy) @@ -79,6 +79,6 @@ MPI_DIR = /usr MPI_INC_DIRS = /usr/include/mpich2 MPI_LIB_DIRS = /usr/lib -MPI_LIBS = mpich fmpich +MPI_LIBS = mpich fmpich mpl
PTHREADS = yes
}}}
This makes ubuntu.cfg almost a superset of the options set in debian.cfg. If we either have a willing maintainer for ubuntu.cfg or Frank is willing to take over ubuntu.cfg I'd think it might be a good idea to drop the explicit debian.cfg in favor of ubuntu.cfg since ubuntu is the more populer distribution.
#1126: Ubuntu.cfg does not link with libmpl -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
I agree that both configurations are pretty similar, not surprisingly. I would like to keep both however as long as there are differences. Looking at both I see that both could be improved, but I don't want to play around with that so short before the release if not necessary.
Concerning mpl - if mpich2 in ubuntu needs mpl, then go ahead and commit. I am pretty sure I didn't need it for Debian (look at debian- ET_2012_05.cfg, which has to be used for the current release because of the changes with MPI).
Frank
#1126: Ubuntu.cfg does not link with libmpl -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Changes (by rhaas):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
I'll take this as a "please apply". Indeed for debian (stable) one does not need to specify mpl. I needed for the Ubuntu based Debian mint and suspect that Debian will also need it soon (maybe already needs in in testing): http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=653616
The reason is a change in ld's behaviour which causes ld to no longer automatically link in all dependencies of shared libraries.
This is all for the current trunk version (upcoming release), so I did not test with the ET_2012_05.cfg file at all.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org