#2005: MoL does not link ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: sbrandt | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Keywords: | ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ At some point, the function CCTK_VError got changed to CCTK_VERROR in CactusNumerical. The flesh still seems to only have CCTK_VError. As a result, MoL creates an implicit function and refuses to link. The problem seems to start here:
{{{ commit 4d9d67975edd313f210b7f1c7e31ff00cd7bdba6 Author: Erik Schnetter schnetter@gmail.com Date: Thu Feb 2 16:19:03 2017 -0500
Dissipation: Use CCTK_ERROR and friends to simplify code
}}}
#2005: MoL does not link ----------------------+----------------------------------------------------- Reporter: sbrandt | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
It seems the code committed uses features proposed in #1939, which didn't make it into the main code yet.
#2005: MoL does not link ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: sbrandt | Owner: Type: defect | Status: confirmed Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Changes (by hinder):
* priority: unset => blocker * status: new => confirmed * component: Other => EinsteinToolkit thorn
#2005: MoL does not link ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: sbrandt | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Changes (by hinder):
* owner: => eschnett * status: confirmed => assigned
Comment:
I looked to see if I should just revert one of the commits, but it seems that a large number of commits depend on these changes. I can't immediately see which new macros are causing problems. When I build, PunctureTracker complains about CCTK_VINFO and CCTK_VERROR, but CCTK_VINFO seems to have been in use for a while. I think that if I start reverting things, I'll cause more problems. So it's probably best to wait for Erik.
In case it's not clear, the ET master branch currently does not build.
#2005: MoL does not link ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: sbrandt | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
My apologies for breaking things. I had not realized that these functions were not available yet in the flesh. I am using a respective branch of the flesh that has these changes already included.
#2005: MoL does not link ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: sbrandt | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: fixed | Keywords: ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Changes (by eschnett):
* status: assigned => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
This has been correct by applying the respective pull request to the flesh.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org