#1857: TAT/Slab error running BBHLowRes ---------------------------------+------------------------------------------ Reporter: msahrling@… | Owner: Mikael Sahrling Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: ET_2015_05 Keywords: | ---------------------------------+------------------------------------------ Hi,
I see the following error when running '/repos/einsteinexamples/par/arXiv-1111.3344/bbh/BBHLowRes.par':
WARNING level 0 from host mars process 0 while executing schedule bin BoundaryConditions, routine RotatingSymmetry180::Rot180_ApplyBC in thorn RotatingSymmetry180, file /home/mikael/Astronomy/GeneralRelativity/ET/Cactus/configs/sim/build/RotatingSymmetry180/rotatingsymmetry180.c:447: -> TAT/Slab can only be used if there is a single local component per MPI process
What to do? Something in the .par file that can be adjusted?
#1857: TAT/Slab error running BBHLowRes ----------------------------------+----------------------------------------- Reporter: msahrling@… | Owner: Mikael Sahrling Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: ET_2015_05 Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
Using 2 MPI processes should solve this problem.
#1857: TAT/Slab error running BBHLowRes ----------------------------------+----------------------------------------- Reporter: msahrling@… | Owner: Mikael Sahrling Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: ET_2015_05 Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
Comment (by anonymous):
Many thanks for swift reply!
The binary was built with the following command:
./simfactory/bin/sim build --mdbkey make 'make -j6' --thornlist=manifest/einsteintoolkit.th
since I have 8 cores and thought should compile with less than max.
Should I rebuild with 'make -j2' above?
Thanks, Mikael
#1857: TAT/Slab error running BBHLowRes ----------------------------------+----------------------------------------- Reporter: msahrling@… | Owner: Mikael Sahrling Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: ET_2015_05 Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
Mikael
It does not matter how you built the executable. But when you run it, you need to use at least 2 MPI processes.
-erik
#1857: TAT/Slab error running BBHLowRes ----------------------------------+----------------------------------------- Reporter: msahrling@… | Owner: Mikael Sahrling Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: ET_2015_05 Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
Comment (by sahrling):
Erik,
Thanks, I'm new to this so I didn't realize I should run the executable using exe/sim/mpirun. It's running now and there are indeed two processes running. It will take a while ...
Thx, Mikael
#1857: TAT/Slab error running BBHLowRes ----------------------------------+----------------------------------------- Reporter: msahrling@… | Owner: Mikael Sahrling Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: ET_2015_05 Resolution: fixed | Keywords: ----------------------------------+----------------------------------------- Changes (by knarf):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => fixed
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org