#334: unsuccessful qsub not recognized / submit succeeds for finished simulation
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: knarf | Owner: mthomas
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
python version:
I submitted a simulation 'sim submit' but the corresponding qsub failed
due to wrong numbers of procs/node (philip cluster). I changed the number
given on the command line and did a 'sim submit' again, this time
successful. Several things happend which I think could be done better:
- the unsuccessful qsub was not detected during the new submit - it
attempted a restart and didn't simply clean
the unsuccessful submit
- when trying the restart, it went ahead and queued the job, but this
later failed when run with "cannot rerun a restart that has been
finished". This could have been caught earlier - without the wait time in
the queue.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/334>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#114: per-variable tolerances for Cactus testsuites
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: knarf | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_06
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
It would be nice to be able to specify per-variable testsuite tolerances
in Cactus (per regexp for the name in the ideal case).
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/114>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#392: Strange message "already on master"
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eric9
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: GetComponents | Version:
Keywords: |
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
GetComponents outputs "already on master" for every git repository. This
message should not appear.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/392>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#117: Error while building multiple configurations
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner: mthomas
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
I wanted to build multiple configurations at once with the command
./simfactory/sim build sim-debug sim
sim-debug is a debug configuration, sim is optimised. SimFactory built
sim-debug, then aborted with the error:
optionlist is: /Users/eschnett/EinsteinToolkit-hg/configs/sim/OptionList
Error: pattern '^\s*DEBUG\s*=.*$' exists already
It assumes that SimFactory doesn't properly distinguish between the
different build options of the different configurations.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/117>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#107: Update released einsteintoolkit.bib once we have a more final version
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Reporter: anonymous | Type: task
Status: new | Priority: major
Milestone: | Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Version: | Keywords:
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/107>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#346: Detect when --reconfig is necessary
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Other | Version:
Keywords: |
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Cactus sometimes outputs an error message that a configuration needs to be
reconfigured. Simfactory should notice this, and then automatically build
with --reconfig.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/346>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#229: Using a nonexistent header file should lead to an error message
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
If I have the following in my interface.ccl,
USES INCLUDE: vectors.h
but no thorn in my thornlist provides this header file, there is no error
at compile time. Further, if I #include this file in my source file, an
empty file is included, which means that again I don't get an error. The
first indication that something is wrong is that the contents of the
header file are not available, which makes debugging the problem with the
thornlist very confusing.
I propose that the CST should emit a fatal error if one of the thorns
tries to use a header file which does not exist.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/229>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#283: Update and make CoreDoc.pdf available in the EinsteinToolkit website
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Reporter: bmundim | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
The advanced concepts document:
http://cactuscode.org/documentation/CoreDoc.pdf
should be updated and made available in the ET website, both in pdf and
html.
Does anyone know where its .tex file version is located?
Thanks,
Bruno.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/283>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#322: SimFactory metadata deleted by periodic filesystem purges
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner: mthomas
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Production filesystems are subject to periodic purges (typically on the
order of weeks or months) where data which has not been accessed recently
is deleted. This means that it is possible for some restarts of very
long-running simulations to be deleted by the system. This can be
addressed by an automated archiving system, but such a system does not
address the problem that the simulation metadata directory (currently
called SIMFACTORY) and any restarts which have not been run yet, will also
be purged. This would make it impossible to submit future restarts and
limits the number of chained restarts you can submit to the purge time of
the system.
One possibility to solve this problem would be to store a backup, or
"shadow" copy of all the simulation metadata in a non-volatile location.
This could be the user's home directory, or a "work" directory which is
not purged. The details would need to be worked out.
This is not a serious issue yet.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/322>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#163: Assertion `tl>=0 and tl<timelevels' failed error
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Reporter: azebrowski@… | Owner: eschnett
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Carpet | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
I'm currently running a Cactus simulation based off the ET mclachlan
parameter file. I have some custom thorns which force checkpointing every
iteration, and then write new parameter files. The new parameter files
are used to run specific functions from the host simulation ("spawning"),
but I'm having some problems resuming simulations.
Currently, I get this error when resuming:
INFO (Carpet): GF: rhs: 818k active, 1440k owned (+76%), 1896k total
(+32%), 328 steps/time
cactus_sim:
/home/azebrowski/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/th.hh:79: double
th::get_time(int, int, int) const: Assertion `tl>=0 and tl<timelevels'
failed.
[cyder:32759] *** Process received signal ***
[cyder:32759] Signal: Aborted (6)
I'm guessing there's a parameter I'm not setting properly in my child
simulation, could anyone give me a pointer to where I should be looking?
I looked for things relating to timelevels in the host/spawned parameter
files, but didn't see anything that stood out. My parameter files used
and full output are attached to this email, with the disclaimer that I
modified the spawned parameter file to run every function instead of
skipping some in an attempt to bypass any problems that could be caused by
skipping some Carpet function on accident.
I've made a bzipped tarball containing the checkpointed data from the
simulation. It contains several parameter files. The parameter file of
interest here is spawn.par, as it doesn't use any of my custom code but
still causes Cactus to abort with an error. I left the other parameter
files in on the off chance that I might need to refer to them later.
Here is the source parameter file, which creates the spawned simulation:
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~azebrowski/ml-ahfinder-spawn.par
Here is the spawned simulation's parameter file:
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~azebrowski/spawn.par
Here is the full checkpointed data and another copy of the spawned
parameter file:
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~azebrowski/data.tar.bz2
Other information:
I ran the simulation using OpenMP with 12 cores to generate the
checkpointed data. I've also tried MPI, but that didn't seem to make a
difference.
Thornlist:
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~azebrowski/ThornList
gcc:
azebrowski@cyder:~/Cactus$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu
4.4.3-4ubuntu5' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.4/README.Bugs
--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --enable-
shared --enable-multiarch --enable-linker-build-id --with-system-zlib
--libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.4 --program-suffix=-4.4
--enable-nls --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-plugin
--enable-objc-gc --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i486 --with-tune=generic
--enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu
--target=x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.4.3 (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5)
Fortran is gfortran-4.4
I'm using the Mercurial version of Carpet, and the ET development thorns.
If you need more information, please let me know.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/163>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit