#1970: perl >= 5.26 dropping "." from @INC
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version: development version
Keywords: backport |
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
New version of perl will no longer include "." from {{{@INC}}} by default.
This causes out perl code that uses "require 'lib/sbin/XXX.pl'" to fail.
Since this will affect the release version a patch needs to be backported.
See https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/08/msg00013.html
Note that this is not Debian specific but affects all Perl packages.
I will prepare a patch.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1970>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1967: qc0_mclachlan.par example in 2016_05 produces outdated parameter warnings
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version
Keywords: |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Running qc0_mclachlan.par from the par directory of a 2016_05 checkout I
get:
{{{
WARNING level 1 from host 127.0.0.1 process 0
while executing schedule bin CCTK_PARAMCHECK, routine
ML_BSSN_Helper::ML_BSSN_ParamCheck
in thorn ML_BSSN_Helper, file
configs/sim/build/ML_BSSN_Helper/Parameters.c:157:
-> Parameter ML_BSSN::my_initial_boundary_condition is outdated; please
update the parameter file. Do not use this parameter, and set up initial
boundary conditions as usual.
}}}
Since qc0_machlan.par is a typical "beginner's file" and our tutorial
mentions it, we should update so that it does not produce warnings when
run anymore. We should also I believe update the paramwarn message to be
more helpful since likely the user did not know what the "usual way to set
up initial boundary conditions" is, otherwise they'd have done so :-).
Major as this should be be fixed for the next release.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1967>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1717: hwloc: lnuma & lltdl *really* required?
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: zachetie@… | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version
Keywords: |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
I downloaded the ET devel version (ca. Nov 26) on my (ubuntu) laptop and
compiled it, using gcc.
I compiled to the linker stage, and the linker complained:
ld: cannot find -lnuma
ld: cannot find -lltdl
I found references to these libraries in:
configs/[buildname]/bindings/Configuration/Capabilities/make.HWLOC.defn
After removing these references, the code compiled and seemed (on the
surface) to run okay. Are these libraries really necessary?
I ask because every time I need to install ET on a new machine, it would
be more convenient if the step "apt-get install libnuma-dev libltdl-dev"
were left out, particularly since reliable Internet access may not exist
at that time.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1717>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1835: simfactory website contains incorrect download location
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version: development version
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
The simfactory website at
http://simfactory.org/simfactory/download/
contains incorrect download instructions for simfactory2 since it still
refers to the svn repository instead of the bitbucket one.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1835>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit