#2684: The tarball with the results of static_tov is full of macOS-specific files
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: resolved
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: trivial
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Changes (by Roland Haas):
status: resolved (was new)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2684/the-tarball-with-…
#2684: The tarball with the results of static_tov is full of macOS-specific files
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: trivial
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Roland Haas):
I updated the file. Thank you.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2684/the-tarball-with-…
#2685: credentials are not taken from ORCID
Reporter:
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
I have tried creating new account using ORCID, as my institute (VECC, India) is not listed. But the email id and other information are not being taken in the request account form. Therefore, I am getting 'try again' message again and again.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2685/credentials-are-n…
#2684: The tarball with the results of static_tov is full of macOS-specific files
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: trivial
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
I downloaded `tov_20221026.tar.gz` from the TOV gallery and found that it contains a lot of `._XXXXXX` files, such as `._ml_bssn-ml_mom.minimum.asc`. According to `file`, these are `AppleDouble encoded Macintosh file`, which contribute nothing useful. I think it would be a good idea to remove them.
I think that I cleaned the archive in the attached tarball.
attachment: tov_20221026_clean.tar.gz (https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2…)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2684/the-tarball-with-…
#177: EXC_BAD_ACCESS in CarpetIOASCII
Reporter: Ian Hinder
Status: closed
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component: Carpet
Comment (by Roland Haas):
My guess would be that this is related to git hash [eb2c2b94](https://bitbucket.org/eschnett/carpet/commits/eb2c2b94649ce3217bb… "CarpetIOASCII: adapt to gdata::copy\_from being static" of \[carpet\]\([https://bitbucket.org/eschnett/carpet](https://bitbucket.org/eschnett/carpet) and git hash [6537e215](https://bitbucket.org/eschnett/carpet/commits/6537e215dbebd17b72b… "CarpetLib: make gdata transfer functions static functions" of [carpet](https://bitbucket.org/eschnett/carpet). Before those Carpet/CarpetLib would use a NULL pointer to call \(non-virtual\) member functions that it “knew” would not actually access member variables due to arguments in the call. This was never quite legal \(`this` must not be NULL and must always \(even in the constructor\) point to a valid region of memory\).
Essentially the compiler is free to optimize things like:
```c++
foo::bar(int a) {
if(a)
return 0;
int b = this->c;
return ;
}
```
to
```c++
foo::bar(int a) {
int b = this->c;
if(a)
return 0;
return ;
}
```
since the standard guarantees that `this` is valid.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/177/exc_bad_access-in-…