#2679: How to link an externally compiled library during ET compilation
Reporter: Maria Mutz
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component:
Comment (by Roland Haas):
This is rather strange. The optioin list looks ok to me to be honest. Adding `-lcocalmrns` to `LDFLAGS` is ok.
The error message about missing `main` is strange since `main` is provided by the Cactus flesh. Is it possible that the COCAL library defines its own `main` and that that one interferes? It would be good to see all the error messages and not just the last couple. Would you mind taking a look at [http://einsteintoolkit.org/support.html#general-guidelines-for-questions](h… and provide the files described in there, please?
Since COCAL is not part of the Einstein Toolkit \(and, at least until the recent past, had an unusual build system\), have you contacted the COCAL author \(Antonios Toskaros\), who may be able to provide advise as well?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2679/how-to-link-an-ex…
#2679: How to link an externally compiled library during ET compilation
Reporter: Maria Mutz
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component:
Changes (by Roland Haas):
responsible: [] (was )
component: (was EinsteinToolkit thorn)
priority: minor (was major)
assignee: Roland Haas (was )
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2679/how-to-link-an-ex…
#2679: How to link an externally compiled library during ET compilation
Reporter: Maria Mutz
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
I have compiled the COCAL code separately from the ET, generating a library for which I have the .a file. I’m trying to link to that library when compiling the ET on Expanse. When I try to link it without copying all the source files in the thorn that uses it into the src directory I get “undefined reference to” errors for anything in a subdirectory. I tried moving all the files in subdirectories into the src directory as a work-around, but then I started getting errors that look like this:
\`\`\`
/lib/../lib64/crt1.o: In function \`\_start':
\(.text\+0x24\): undefined reference to \`main'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make\[3\]: \*\*\* \[<builtin>: include\_modulefiles\_MRNS.f90\] Error 1
make\[2\]: \*\*\* \[/home/mmutz/Cactus/lib/make/make.thornlib:113: make.checked\] Error 2
make\[1\]: \*\*\* \[/home/mmutz/Cactus/lib/make/make.configuration:179: /home/mmutz/Cactus/configs/sim17/lib/libthorn\_Cocalthorn.a\] Error 2
\`\`\`
What is the proper way to link the library during compilation?
I’ve attached a copy of my config file.
attachment: OptionList.pdf (https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2…)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2679/how-to-link-an-ex…
#2672: obtain DNS enty to point https://tests.einsteintoolkit.org to https://einsteintoolkit.github.io/tests
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: minor
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Roland Haas):
@{557058:1671c5c3-29cc-4e83-9850-a152d33a6235} do you think this something that could be done? Needs a DNS entry set by LSU \(I recall a statement somehwere that LSU policy prohibits pointing a DNS entry to a server not controlled by LSU but then it seemed to have been fine for cactuscode.org\).
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2672/obtain-dns-enty-t…