#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Michal Pirog):
There is an output. I need to turn it off. And I need to prepare .par file and push it. And I'm super busy now because of teaching and I can take care about it tomorrow late evening/night. Will it be ok?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
Ok. Are there any expected output files? If the directory with a name matching the parfile is empty, I think it succeeds so long as the run finishes regardless of the data. @{634afd8853df3c01232121fd} can correct me if that is wrong.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Michal Pirog):
I did it just without NSTracker. It helped. Now there is:
Tests passed:
\[...\]
CactusSgrid\_test \(from DNSdata\)
\[...\]
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
Did you remove ‘NSTracker’?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Michal Pirog):
I created the directory "CactusSgrid\_test" as you suggested. Interestingly, when I change its name to, something else I'm getting feedback:
"Parameter file CactusSgrid\_test in thorn DNSdata but no output directory"
It means that this test procedure is aware of the thorn and the test. However, regardless if the name of this directory is set properly or not, it is not tested. I don't see it on the list of tested thorns, and it's not in the directory "TEST". And the correct directory \(CactusSgrid\_test\) is empty.
Is it not tested, or it's failing the test? The feedback is:
```
Time -> Tue Oct 17 10:40:38 EDT 2023
Host -> koko-login003.hpc.fau.edu
Processes -> 2
User -> mpirog
Total available tests -> 352
Unrunnable tests -> 16
Runnable tests -> 336
Total number of thorns -> 261
Number of tested thorns -> 100
Number of tests passed -> 336
Number passed only to
set tolerance -> 188
Number failed -> 0
Tests passed:
[here goes the list of the tests but it's not here]
```
Is it among "Unrunnable tests"?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
If you want to keep the current parfile as an example for people, you could add `DNSdata/par/` and put a production-level parfile example there.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
Additionally, the test shouldn’t try to output 2D or 3D data, since that’ll be way too much for the testsuite to compare against. I’d recommend removing all the extra wave extraction, 2D/3D output, TerminationTrigger, etc. Basically make it as lightweight as possible.
To get the test to run successfully, you also need to have a directory `DNSdata/test/CactusSgrid_test`. The expected output for the test should live here.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
This test is trying to use `NSTracker`, which I don't think is part of the Einstein Toolkit. My guess is that its one of the unrunnable tests mentioned at the top. Can you just get rid of that thorn?
Also, the parfile says its going to run to a final time of `2500`, which \(unless this runs very quickly\) is incorrect for a test. This isn’t going to run long, if at all, and it should be a minimal code test, not a physics test. So the grid doesn’t have to be well resolved. You can almost certainly move the outer boundary closer, and maybe remove some refinement levels. I’d say the iterations should probably be less than 10, especially if you’re doing full GRMHD.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…