#308: SimFactory does not use the submit script defined in a machine
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner: mthomas
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: critical | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: regression |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
When building a configuration, simfactory is supposed to add the default
submission script for a machine to the configuration so that it can be
submitted. Currently, simfactory does not do this. I have to specify the
--submitscript option by hand on the command line when I build.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/308>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#307: SimFactory 2 does not use my default thornlist
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner: mthomas
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
When I create a new configuration using:
sim2 build sim2_datura
I get
Error: Configuration sim2_datura has no thorn list, and no thorn list
file was specified
However, in my defs.local.ini, I have in the [default] section:
thornlist = thornlists/ian.th
I would expect it to use my default thornlist. It works if I add the
--thornlist option manually.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/307>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#305: Machine entry in defs.local.ini but not in mdb leads to bad error message
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner: mthomas
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
If I have an entry for my local machine in defs.local.ini but I do not
have an mdb file for it, I get the following error:
MacBook:llama ian$ sim2 sync datura
Error: required key basedir in section macbook is missing
This does not tell me what the problem is. I would expect to get the same
error as when the section is not present:
MacBook:llama ian$ sim2 sync damiana
Unknown machine name macbook
Info: Simfactory command: simfactory2/bin/../lib/sim.py "sync" "damiana"
Info: Version 1230
The Simulation Factory: Manage Cactus simulations
Info: defs: /Users/ian/Cactus/llama/simfactory2/etc/defs.ini
Info: defs.local: /Users/ian/Cactus/llama/simfactory2/etc/defs.local.ini
Error: Unknown local machine macbook. Please use 'sim setup' to create a
local machine entry from the generic template.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/305>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#288: "build" overwrites thorn list
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner: mthomas
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: blocker | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
The command "sim build empty" overrides the existing thornlist of
configuration empty with the default thorn list that I have set in
defs.local.ini. It should not change the thorn list unless (a) there is no
thorn list, or (b) I specify the --thornlist option.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/288>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#295: Simfactory (python version) not able to submit jobs on bluedrop.
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Reporter: diener@… | Owner: mthomas
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: blocker | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
With the most recent version of the python version of simfactory, job
submission fails on bluedrop. The standard error file for the job
contains:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/diener/Cactus/simfactory/bin/../lib/sim.py", line 141, in
<module>
main()
File "/home/diener/Cactus/simfactory/bin/../lib/sim.py", line 138, in
main
CommandDispatch()
File "/home/diener/Cactus/simfactory/bin/../lib/sim.py", line 105, in
CommandDispatch
module.main()
File "/data/diener/Experimental/Cactus/simfactory/lib/sim-manage.py",
line 336, in main
CommandDispatch()
File "/data/diener/Experimental/Cactus/simfactory/lib/sim-manage.py",
line 315, in CommandDispatch
exec("command_%s()" % command)
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/data/diener/Experimental/Cactus/simfactory/lib/sim-manage.py",
line 166, in command_run
restart.submitRun(simulationName, restart_id)
File "/data/diener/Experimental/Cactus/simfactory/lib/simrestart.py",
line 824, in submitRun
self.run()
File "/data/diener/Experimental/Cactus/simfactory/lib/simrestart.py",
line 869, in run
assert(self.IsActive())
AssertionError
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/295>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#297: "interactive" ends with error message
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner: mthomas
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
When I close the shell of an interactive command, Simfactory aborts with
an error message (instead of just finishing):
$ exit
logout
qsub: job 3847409.abem5.ncsa.uiuc.edu completed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./bin/../simfactory/lib/sim.py", line 141, in <module>
main()
File "./bin/../simfactory/lib/sim.py", line 138, in main
CommandDispatch()
File "./bin/../simfactory/lib/sim.py", line 105, in CommandDispatch
module.main()
File "/u/ac/eschnett/lincoln/EinsteinToolkit-hg/simfactory/lib/sim-
manage.py", line 330, in main
CommandDispatch()
File "/u/ac/eschnett/lincoln/EinsteinToolkit-hg/simfactory/lib/sim-
manage.py", line 309, in CommandDispatch
exec("command_%s()" % command)
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/u/ac/eschnett/lincoln/EinsteinToolkit-hg/simfactory/lib/sim-
manage.py", line 92, in command_interactive
restart.done()
File "/u/ac/eschnett/lincoln/EinsteinToolkit-
hg/simfactory/lib/simrestart.py", line 976, in done
self.SimulationLog.Close()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Close'
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/297>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#299: simfactory does not detect changes to stored option list
---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Reporter: sbrandt | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Other | Version:
Keywords: |
---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
When I update my local .cfg file, SimFactory does not see it and the files
do not update. I'd like to see a regression test included in the fix of
this bug.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/299>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#301: LORENE build has a race condition
---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Reporter: sbrandt | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
About half the time I try to build cactus on Fedora the build fails in
Lorene.
a - Source/Poisson2d/cd1zms.o
a - Source/Poisson2d/cirams.o
ar: creating
/home/cactus/workspace/ET/Cactus/configs/sim/scratch/build/LORENE/Lorene/Lib/liblorene_export.a
ar: mag_ns.o: No such file or directory
It looks like the archiving happens before all the .o files are built.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/301>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#267: simfactory does not detect changes to stored option list
---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Reporter: sbrandt | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Other | Version:
Keywords: |
---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
When you update the .ini and .cfg files you have to delete the config to
get things to rebuild.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/267>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit