#1438: do not require --thornlist for build --reconfig --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I am not sure I follow, sorry. The proposed code does not force needThornList to be false, it sets it to "not haveStoreThornList". So a --thornlist argument is required for build whenever there is no stored ThornList.
I was not sure what the proposed would do when the ThornList file was missing. Testing this (new code) in a configuration where I first deleted configs/*/ThornList has simfactory abort with: {{{ Error: No thornlist supplied. Use --thornlist <thornlist> on the command line or set thornlist = <thornlist> in the [default] section of defs.local.ini. Aborting Simfactory. }}}
So the change in behaviour occurs only if there is a thornlist specified in the mdb, which has been updated. Then for a configuration where configs/*/ThornList exists and where --thornlist was not used on the command line, the old code would have updated configs/*/ThornList while the new code would use configs/*/ThornList without updating it. It can be argued though that ThornList does not "belong" to simfactory since it's use is defined by the underlying Cactus build system, while OptionList is simfactory's equivalent of config-info. This exposes knowledge of the underlying build system to the user.