#1388: New thorn MemSpeed ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: reviewed_ok Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Changes (by hinder):
* status: review => reviewed_ok
Comment:
This seems like a useful thorn to have available. Some comments:
1. The name "MemSpeed" seems to be historical; the thorn measures both CPU and memory speeds. Maybe "HWSpeed" or "HWPerf" might be better? If it is to be renamed, now seems like a good time, before it is in the official thornlist. (optional) 2. There is extensive documentation (thanks!) 3. There is a test case. Am I correct that this test is safe to run as part of the automated tests? It says to skip the large memory benchmark. Does that mean it should be fast enough to run? 4. I have skimmed through the code and didn't notice any major issues
I support inclusion in the toolkit as long as the default test case does not require large amounts of time or memory.