#1939: Cactus: Add CCTK_VINFO, CCTK_VERROR, CCTK_VWARN --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
- If I read the changes to the documentation correctly, places with,
e.g., CCTK_VInfo are replaced by CCTK_VINFO. Isn't CCTK_VInfo still there, usable, and should stay mentioned, like in "Note that the routines \texttt{CCTK_VError()} and \texttt{CCTK_VWarn()} can only be called from C"
I noticed that as well and was a bit upset initially. However preferring {{{CCTK_VINFO}}} over {{{CCTK_Vinfo}}} is along the lines of preferring {{{CCTK_INFO}}} over {{{CCTK_Info}}} which has always been the case. So my estimate in the review was that this is a valid change that preserves consistency in the documentation and the recommended functions.
The pdf diffs are annoying I agree. I don't know of a way on top of my head to avoid them (declaring the pdf's binaries likely will counteract the initial idea of making git create diffs for them in the first place). I don't really see them as any different from the diffs of configure though which is also an auto-generated file and contains lots of changes each time its source file configure.in is changed.