#1004: adding or removing thorns to a thorn list triggers what seems to be a full recompile --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Keywords: | --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- this seems to be due to the parameter file structures in {{{ configs/configname/bindings/include/CParameterStructNames.h }}} being regenerated. At least "make -d" lists them as newer as the C source file dependency files. There seems to be only one such file for the whole configuration. My unsubstantiated guess is that this is because CParameterStructNames.h was one of the files that were excluded from dependency tracking prior to #768 (see eg line 182 of lib/make/make.config.defn.in in https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/attachment/ticket/768/NoThornIs12.patch).
Classified as minor since it is just extra careful, but try adding thorns on kraken to see just how annoying this can be :-)
I will try and see what happens if I reinstate the dependency exclusions, but input of the patch author would be helpful to understand why the exclusions were removed (I assume they should no longer be required).