Dear Iosif,
I hope this message finds you well.
I'm not sure you already got a reply, but in case you haven't, my
understanding is that placeholders like @FOO@ are there to indicate things
you need to change yourself, manually.
So when you see something like:
#SBATCH -A @ALLOCATION@
then it means you should replace @ALLOCATION@ with the name of your
allocation in the specific cluster.
Someone else can correct me if this is not correct, but that's how I
usually handle these.
Cheers,
Leo
On Fri, Jul 25, 2025 at 8:06 AM <users-request(a)einsteintoolkit.org> wrote:
> Send Users mailing list submissions to
> users(a)einsteintoolkit.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> users-request(a)einsteintoolkit.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> users-owner(a)einsteintoolkit.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. SimFactory placeholder macros (IOSIF PANAGIOTIS)
> 2. Issue with ReadInterpolate (Luciano Combi)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2025 10:43:36 +0000
> From: IOSIF PANAGIOTIS <PANAGIOTIS.IOSIF(a)units.it>
> To: Einstein Toolkit Users <users(a)einsteintoolkit.org>
> Subject: [Users] SimFactory placeholder macros
> Message-ID:
> <
> AS8P250MB08637A69A316C8763E533B5FF959A(a)AS8P250MB0863.EURP250.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
> >
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hi,
>
> I have been following this document,
> https://einsteintoolkit.org/seminars/2022_02_24/index.html , to set up ET
> on my cluster, working also on some example configuration files.
>
> While preparing the submit and run scripts, I wanted to check the
> description of the @FOO@ macros that SimFactory uses.
>
> I checked these places but found no information.
>
> *
> https://simfactory.bitbucket.io/simfactory2/userguide/ (no mention of
> macros)
> *
>
> https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simulation_Factory_Advanced_Tutori…
> (1 mention of the @USER@ macro and a pointer to a section #Macros<
> https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simulation_Factory_Advanced_Tutori…>
> that seems missing)
> *
> https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Configuring_a_new_machine (there
> is no information on the submitscript and runscript)
>
> So I would like to ask:
>
> If e.g. I have this line in my submitscript:
> #SBATCH -A @ALLOCATION@
>
> Where is @ALLOCATION@ "read" from?
>
> My guess is that this is specified in the .ini file in this line:
> allocation = <project_account>
>
> Could you confirm if this is the case?
>
> Is there another source of documentation (that I might have missed)
> describing what these @FOO@ placeholders do?
>
> Best regards,
> Panagiotis
>
>
> -------------------
> Panagiotis Iosif
> postdoctoral researcher
> Department of Physics, University of Trieste
> Via Alfonso Valerio 2, Trieste 34127
> Italy
> -------------------
>
>
Hello,
Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
9:00 am US central time on Thursdays. For details on how to connect
and what agenda items are to be discussed, use the link below.
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Main_Page#Weekly_Users_Call
--The Maintainers