My application issues the following warning when I attempt to run with FMR.
WARNING[L1,P0] (Carpet): There are not enough time levels for the desired temporal prolongation order in the grid function group "FUNWAVE::MIXING_GROUP". With Carpet::prolongation_order_time=1, you need at least 2 time levels.
I don't sync this group anywhere. Does anyone know why I need two time levels?
Cheers, Steve
On Nov 14, 2013, at 12:37 , Steven R. Brandt sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
My application issues the following warning when I attempt to run with FMR.
WARNING[L1,P0] (Carpet): There are not enough time levels for the desired temporal prolongation order in the grid function group "FUNWAVE::MIXING_GROUP". With Carpet::prolongation_order_time=1, you need at least 2 time levels.
I don't sync this group anywhere. Does anyone know why I need two time levels?
Is this warning output during startup?
If so, this warning is only output to alert you to the fact that you won't be able to prolongate. The actual prolongation will then abort with a fatal error. This helps people avoid bad surprises after running for many hours.
To avoid this warning, you can declare that you will never prolongation this function via setting the tag prolongation="none". See e.g. CartGrid3D's coordinates as example.
-erik
On 11/14/2013 11:48 AM, Erik Schnetter wrote:
On Nov 14, 2013, at 12:37 , Steven R. Brandt sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
My application issues the following warning when I attempt to run with FMR.
WARNING[L1,P0] (Carpet): There are not enough time levels for the desired temporal prolongation order in the grid function group "FUNWAVE::MIXING_GROUP". With Carpet::prolongation_order_time=1, you need at least 2 time levels.
I don't sync this group anywhere. Does anyone know why I need two time levels?
Is this warning output during startup?
If so, this warning is only output to alert you to the fact that you won't be able to prolongate. The actual prolongation will then abort with a fatal error. This helps people avoid bad surprises after running for many hours.
To avoid this warning, you can declare that you will never prolongation this function via setting the tag prolongation="none". See e.g. CartGrid3D's coordinates as example.
-erik
Thanks!
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org