Dear all,
I have a brief question. I am trying to initialize a run with two very small stars (radius of ~300m) whose centers are at 750m from the origin; since I need a very fine grid, I am trying to use a refinement factor different from 2. In particular I am setting the Carpet::space_refinement_factors variable equal to [ [1,1,1], [5,5,5], ...] but I get the following error message:
CarpetLib::dh::regrid(bool): Assertion `all(reffact == 2)' failed.
This also happens if I change the Carpet::refinement_factor. Am I missing some obvious setting?
Thank you very much for your help!
Best, Lorenzo Cipriani
Hello Lorenzo,
CarpetLib::dh::regrid(bool): Assertion `all(reffact == 2)' failed.
This also happens if I change the Carpet::refinement_factor. Am I missing some obvious setting?
Only refinement factors of 2 are currently supported (coded up). Others could be added but you most likely will run into issues in other locations of the code as well (eg you need to then also code up time interpolation with the new factor, and GRHydro and other codes make assumptions about the refinement factor).
Yours, Roland
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org