Today I did a git pull and tried to build ET dev. It crashed with references to hdf5 as is shown in the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/EdqqhdE0 . Note that I am using the HDF5_DIR = BUILD option and have checked that mpi and gcc are compatible (the versions from macports). I have removed hdf5 from active ports some time ago. So can developers please let me know what might be going on?
Thanks very much.
Comer
On 16 Jun 2015, at 22:24, Comer Duncan comer.duncan@gmail.com wrote:
Today I did a git pull and tried to build ET dev. It crashed with references to hdf5 as is shown in the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/EdqqhdE0 . Note that I am using the HDF5_DIR = BUILD option and have checked that mpi and gcc are compatible (the versions from macports). I have removed hdf5 from active ports some time ago. So can developers please let me know what might be going on?
From the recent commits, I can't see anything immediately suspicious. Maybe try deleting the config and building from scratch?
By the way, with ET dev, this is likely to happen from time to time, especially just after a release, when people are committing things they have been sitting on for a while. If you want stability, you may want to stick to the release. I don't remember: was there something that you needed specifically from the development version?
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org