Dear Einstein Toolkit User, I was trying to install Einstein Toolkit on Open Science Grid. Their computer runs on Scientific Linux release 6.8 (Carbon). Can anyone tell me how to get ET installed on the system? Every time I get a "sim-config" error, when I try to build the simfactory.
With best regards
Ashiqul Islam Dip Chief Researcher Community of Physics
On 5 Apr 2017, at 01:19, Ashiqul Islam Dip dip@communityofphysics.org wrote:
Dear Einstein Toolkit User, I was trying to install Einstein Toolkit on Open Science Grid. Their computer runs on Scientific Linux release 6.8 (Carbon). Can anyone tell me how to get ET installed on the system? Every time I get a "sim-config" error, when I try to build the simfactory.
Hi,
Welcome!
Please can you provide more information?
- What instructions are you following? - Which step failed? - What was the error message?
Without such information, we can't really help you... I don't know if anyone has tried on the OSG before, but Scientific Linux should work (or it should be possible to make it work, if it doesn't work immediately from an existing optionlist).
We discussed Cactus and the OSG many years ago. The major issue then was MPI, since it is usually not possible to auto-detect which MPI version should be used on a particular system.
I suggest that you start by listing the software dependencies (probably MPI, HDF5, C, C++, and Fortran compilers, maybe a few others). Once you have these installed (or decided that you want to let Cactus install these automatically), we can discuss the problems you encounter, as Ian said above.
-erik
On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 3:46 AM, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
On 5 Apr 2017, at 01:19, Ashiqul Islam Dip dip@communityofphysics.org wrote:
Dear Einstein Toolkit User, I was trying to install Einstein Toolkit on Open Science Grid. Their computer runs on Scientific Linux release 6.8 (Carbon). Can anyone tell me how to get ET installed on the system? Every time I get a "sim-config" error, when I try to build the simfactory.
Hi,
Welcome!
Please can you provide more information?
- What instructions are you following?
- Which step failed?
- What was the error message?
Without such information, we can't really help you... I don't know if anyone has tried on the OSG before, but Scientific Linux should work (or it should be possible to make it work, if it doesn't work immediately from an existing optionlist).
-- Ian Hinder http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org