Hi,
For some reason, the automated tests are taking a very long time to run; more than the one hour wall time which I have given them. They used to run in under 10 minutes. Has something changed recently that could explain this, or should I look for problems on the cluster?
I just ran the tests on our cluster. They took 15 minutes overall.
-erik
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
Hi,
For some reason, the automated tests are taking a very long time to run; more than the one hour wall time which I have given them. They used to run in under 10 minutes. Has something changed recently that could explain this, or should I look for problems on the cluster?
-- Ian Hinder http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
On 31 Oct 2012, at 21:40, Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
I just ran the tests on our cluster. They took 15 minutes overall.
Did you use SimFactory to run the tests?
-erik
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
Hi,
For some reason, the automated tests are taking a very long time to run; more than the one hour wall time which I have given them. They used to run in under 10 minutes. Has something changed recently that could explain this, or should I look for problems on the cluster?
Yes. I used "simfactory/bin/distribute" to run the tests, which uses Simfactory's --testsuite option, which tells me
"Running 2 processes with 6 threads on 12 cores of 1 nodes"
and
"Executing: ./simfactory/bin/sim --remote titan create-submit testsuite-titan-Cvanilla-2012.10.31-16.10.48 --testsuite --parfile=recover.par --walltime=2:00:00 --procs=12 --ppn-used=12 --num-threads=6"
-erik
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
On 31 Oct 2012, at 21:40, Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
I just ran the tests on our cluster. They took 15 minutes overall.
Did you use SimFactory to run the tests?
-erik
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
Hi,
For some reason, the automated tests are taking a very long time to run; more than the one hour wall time which I have given them. They used to run in under 10 minutes. Has something changed recently that could explain this, or should I look for problems on the cluster?
-- Ian Hinder http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder
On 10/31/2012 04:07 PM, Ian Hinder wrote:
Hi,
For some reason, the automated tests are taking a very long time to run; more than the one hour wall time which I have given them. They used to run in under 10 minutes. Has something changed recently that could explain this, or should I look for problems on the cluster?
Roland added testsuites for GRMHD code last week. He didn't report any slow down though. I will double check the time to run them.
Thanks, Bruno.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org