Hello everyone,
I want to change TwoPuncture's code to add some matter to BBH simulation. I think at first I should understand the method TwoPuncture used.
I have read two paper about this thorn by Marcus Ansorg et.al and Vasileios Paschalidis respectively. But I still do not understand how it treat the equation contains sources and a blackhole.
Another question, can TwoPuncture generate a spinning Neutron Star? I know it can generate BH-NS initial data. This question equal to "Is the source included Momentum Constraint has been writen to TwoPuncture's code? "
Best Wishes, ZhiChao, Zhao.
Institude of High Energy Physics, CAS, China.
hi,
sorry for the delay in replying.
i think the main reference/documentation for the TwoPunctures thorn is Marcus Ansorg's paper. as far as i understand, TwoPunctures can accommodate for sources on the rhs of equation (24) of gr-qc/0404056. this source term has to be provided by some other thorn, though, which needs to provide the function "Set_Rho_ADM" (like in the thorn TOVSolver). TwoPunctures will then call this function (for instance, in FuncAndJacobian.c:254), write a local source array, and pass it to the equation to be solved for (eg, Equations.c:164).
as far as i know, TwoPunctures will not generate either spinning NS nor BH-NS initial data, though.
cheers, Miguel
On 19/10/17 12:05, 赵志超 wrote:
Hello everyone,
I want to change TwoPuncture's code to add some matter to BBH simulation. I think at first I should understand the method TwoPuncture used.
I have read two paper about this thorn by Marcus Ansorg et.al http://et.al and Vasileios Paschalidis respectively. But I still do not understand how it treat the equation contains sources and a blackhole.
Another question, can TwoPuncture generate a spinning Neutron Star? I know it can generate BH-NS initial data. This question equal to "Is the source included Momentum Constraint has been writen to TwoPuncture's code? "
Best Wishes, ZhiChao, Zhao.
Institude of High Energy Physics, CAS, China.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org