Hello all,
Could anybody please help me in resolving this error during ./simfactory/bin/sim build --mdbkey make 'make -j2' --thornlist=manifest/ einsteintoolkit.th ?
configure: error: strdup has no C prototype. Try adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED to CPPFLAGS
I'm doing it on an ubuntu machine but, I got same error when I was doing it on a local cluster.
I tried adding this to CPPFLAGS in vi lib/make/make.config.defn.in but, didn't help.
Thanks in advance. -Rahul
On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 05:47:44PM +0530, rahul kashyap wrote:
Could anybody please help me in resolving this error during ./simfactory/bin/sim build --mdbkey make 'make -j2' --thornlist=manifest/ einsteintoolkit.th ?
configure: error: strdup has no C prototype. Try adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED to CPPFLAGS
Which optionlist are you using? On ubuntu, ubuntu.cfg should work. You want to look for the -std=gnu99 option for the C compiler (CFLAGS), which this optionlist sets as given, but likely also others need to be set according to what commonly is present on ubuntu, thus the optionlist for it.
Frank
Hi Frank,
Thanks for the hint. I'm using ubuntu.cfg. Actually, it was using my MESA gcc and couldn't identify gnu99 flag somehow. It also doesn't identify default MPI path from PATH; I gave path in config/sim/config-info. It compiles now.
Also, may be it has already been discussed, the debian.cfg option list works for compiling ET on new Stampede2.
Best, -Rahul
On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 05:47:44PM +0530, rahul kashyap wrote:
Could anybody please help me in resolving this error during ./simfactory/bin/sim build --mdbkey make 'make -j2' --thornlist=manifest/ einsteintoolkit.th ?
configure: error: strdup has no C prototype. Try adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED to CPPFLAGS
Which optionlist are you using? On ubuntu, ubuntu.cfg should work. You want to look for the -std=gnu99 option for the C compiler (CFLAGS), which this optionlist sets as given, but likely also others need to be set according to what commonly is present on ubuntu, thus the optionlist for it.
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org