On 11 Nov 2011, at 00:34, Barry Wardell wrote:
On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote: My problem was that I didn't find an easy way to have it connect automatically - I was using Adium in Mac OS. Adium is a multi-protocol chat program, so some of the way it works doesn't fit very naturally with IRC, but I didn't want to run a separate program.
In the past, the best IRC client I could find for OSX was Colloquy [http://http://colloquy.info/]. It's not perfect, but I remember it being quite good in the past.I know you would rather not run a separate IRC client, but Adium really isn't an ideal solution right now, so you might find it better using Colloquy. You can also then hide the chat window (Cmd+H) rather than minimizing it.
I think I tried it in the past and found it confusing, but I'll try again!
It would be nice to have the channel joined and messages logged even if the chat window was closed, but this doesn't seem to be possible in the currently released version (http://trac.adium.im/ticket/12068). Until this is implemented, I plan to just minimize the window.
For message logs, you can always just look at the logs on the Cactus website.
Another thing which might be useful would be to have commit messages automatically posted to IRC whenever a commit is made.
I think this happens already.
2011/11/11 Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu
On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:47:08AM +0100, Ian Hinder wrote:
I think this happens already.
Right, it does.
Right, I see that now that I'm actually in the chat room. I didn't realise because these messages don't appear in the chat logs. What's the reason for that? Is it deliberate?
Hi,
On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:06:20PM +0000, Barry Wardell wrote:
Right, I see that now that I'm actually in the chat room. I didn't realise because these messages don't appear in the chat logs. What's the reason for that? Is it deliberate?
Messages from the bot announcing them are not included. They would clutter real discussions, and are available anyway via the commit message email list archive. The only problem I can see is that a discussion might actually be initiated by a commit message and that would be lost in the logs. So far, that hasn't been a problem though.
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org