Dear All,
This is regarding the output of QuasiLocalMeasures variables in HDF5 format in a BBH simulation similar to the gallery one. I am unable to output QLM data in HDF5 format using the "IOHDF5:out_vars" option for this run.
I had previously opened a ticket at
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2451
where the issue is related to using "IOHDF5:out2d_vars" (and out_1dvars), which is now fixed.
Please note that I am not facing this issue with "qlm-ks-outvars.par" test case (details in the above ticket). This issue is only with the gallery run.
Also, I only face this issue when I request any QuasiLocalMeasures variables to be output using "IOHDF5:out_vars" option. I
I am attaching the par files, the er and out files and the backtrace from one of the procs. The error is :
*'std::out_of_range' what(): vector::_M_range_check: __n (which is 0) >= this->size() (which is 0)*
Thanking you in anticipation
Hello!
Thanks for the report! We discussed your email during today's Einstein Toolkit telecon. We indeed think it may be a bug and will be looking into it. In the meantime, would you mind outputting the data in ASCII format instead until we can figure out a fix?
Thanks again!
-Zach
* * * Prof. Zachariah Etienne Physics & Astronomy Dept. West Virginia University http://astro.phys.wvu.edu/zetienne/ http://blackholesathome.net https://blackholesathome.net
On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 12:51 PM Vaishak P vaishak@iucaa.in wrote:
Dear All,
This is regarding the output of QuasiLocalMeasures variables in HDF5 format in a BBH simulation similar to the gallery one. I am unable to output QLM data in HDF5 format using the "IOHDF5:out_vars" option for this run.
I had previously opened a ticket at
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2451
where the issue is related to using "IOHDF5:out2d_vars" (and out_1dvars), which is now fixed.
Please note that I am not facing this issue with "qlm-ks-outvars.par" test case (details in the above ticket). This issue is only with the gallery run.
Also, I only face this issue when I request any QuasiLocalMeasures variables to be output using "IOHDF5:out_vars" option. I
I am attaching the par files, the er and out files and the backtrace from one of the procs. The error is :
*'std::out_of_range' what(): vector::_M_range_check: __n (which is 0) >= this->size() (which is 0)*
Thanking you in anticipation
-- P. Vaishak
PhD Scholar, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Fellow Inter-University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) Pune, India
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello Vaishak,
please see:
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2473/out_vars-incorrect...
for a fix (in branch rhaas/outputgroupactive of Carpet). It does turn out to indeed be a bug, related to the interaction of parallelization using MPI, using multiple coordinate patches and asking for HDF5 output of a grid array.
Yours, Roland
Dear All,
This is regarding the output of QuasiLocalMeasures variables in HDF5 format in a BBH simulation similar to the gallery one. I am unable to output QLM data in HDF5 format using the "IOHDF5:out_vars" option for this run.
I had previously opened a ticket at
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2451
where the issue is related to using "IOHDF5:out2d_vars" (and out_1dvars), which is now fixed.
Please note that I am not facing this issue with "qlm-ks-outvars.par" test case (details in the above ticket). This issue is only with the gallery run.
Also, I only face this issue when I request any QuasiLocalMeasures variables to be output using "IOHDF5:out_vars" option. I
I am attaching the par files, the er and out files and the backtrace from one of the procs. The error is :
*'std::out_of_range' what(): vector::_M_range_check: __n (which is 0) >= this->size() (which is 0)*
Thanking you in anticipation
Dear Sir,
Thankyou very much for the fix. I will try this out soon.
With regards,
On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 at 9:30 PM, Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Vaishak,
please see:
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2473/out_vars-incorrect...
for a fix (in branch rhaas/outputgroupactive of Carpet). It does turn out to indeed be a bug, related to the interaction of parallelization using MPI, using multiple coordinate patches and asking for HDF5 output of a grid array.
Yours, Roland
Dear All,
This is regarding the output of QuasiLocalMeasures variables in HDF5
format
in a BBH simulation similar to the gallery one. I am unable to output QLM data in HDF5 format using the "IOHDF5:out_vars" option for this run.
I had previously opened a ticket at
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2451
where the issue is related to using "IOHDF5:out2d_vars" (and out_1dvars), which is now fixed.
Please note that I am not facing this issue with "qlm-ks-outvars.par"
test
case (details in the above ticket). This issue is only with the gallery
run.
Also, I only face this issue when I request any QuasiLocalMeasures variables to be output using "IOHDF5:out_vars" option. I
I am attaching the par files, the er and out files and the backtrace from one of the procs. The error is :
*'std::out_of_range' what(): vector::_M_range_check: __n (which is 0) = this->size() (which is 0)*
Thanking you in anticipation
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org