I can't reach trac.einsteintoolkit.org. Could someone check whether this is a server problem?
-erik
On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 08:43:24PM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
I can't reach trac.einsteintoolkit.org. Could someone check whether this is a server problem?
It seems that somebody/thing stressed the server a lot, but it's too late for me now to analyze the log files and still make sense. It doesn't look like an attack, more like an unfortunate accumulation of legitimate requests, leading to a swapping server. It's still up and running, fine for now as far as I can tell.
Frank
It's running very slowly, much more slowly than usual. Could you reboot it, if you don't have time to debug it?
-erik
On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 12:58 AM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 08:43:24PM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
I can't reach trac.einsteintoolkit.org. Could someone check whether this is a server problem?
It seems that somebody/thing stressed the server a lot, but it's too late for me now to analyze the log files and still make sense. It doesn't look like an attack, more like an unfortunate accumulation of legitimate requests, leading to a swapping server. It's still up and running, fine for now as far as I can tell.
Frank
I'm trying to reach svn.einsteintoolkit.org now, and it's not responding (to svn or ping for that matter).
Did whatever's overloading the trac server take svn offline also?
Bernard
On 8/28/11 4:58 PM, "Erik Schnetter" schnetter@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
It's running very slowly, much more slowly than usual. Could you reboot it, if you don't have time to debug it?
-erik
On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 12:58 AM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 08:43:24PM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
I can't reach trac.einsteintoolkit.org. Could someone check whether this is a server problem?
It seems that somebody/thing stressed the server a lot, but it's too late for me now to analyze the log files and still make sense. It doesn't look like an attack, more like an unfortunate accumulation of legitimate requests, leading to a swapping server. It's still up and running, fine for now as far as I can tell.
Frank
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/ _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Yes, svn is also offline, probably located on the same server. CCT IT support was notified on Sunday.
-erik
On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov wrote:
I'm trying to reach svn.einsteintoolkit.org now, and it's not responding (to svn or ping for that matter).
Did whatever's overloading the trac server take svn offline also?
Bernard
On 8/28/11 4:58 PM, "Erik Schnetter" schnetter@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
It's running very slowly, much more slowly than usual. Could you reboot it, if you don't have time to debug it?
-erik
On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 12:58 AM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 08:43:24PM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
I can't reach trac.einsteintoolkit.org. Could someone check whether this is a server problem?
It seems that somebody/thing stressed the server a lot, but it's too late for me now to analyze the log files and still make sense. It doesn't look like an attack, more like an unfortunate accumulation of legitimate requests, leading to a swapping server. It's still up and running, fine for now as far as I can tell.
Frank
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/ _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 08:43:24PM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
I can't reach trac.einsteintoolkit.org. Could someone check whether this is a server problem?
Hi,
This should be solved since yesterday. It was swapping so much it had to be hard-rebooted. We are sorry about any inconvenience. The machine has now more memory and we will keep an eye on the memory usage.
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org