Hi,
This is for those running the testsuites for the release. Please do a fresh checkout each time. GetComponents currently isn't handling branch-switching really well / not at all while updating an existing checkout. However, we will switch branches at some point during the release.
I just updated the compile_tests script accordingly.
Frank
Hi Frank,
Could you be more specific? I have been using GetComponents with different git branches and I haven't seen anything unusual so far, but I am curious to know what problem you are facing. Also remember that the branching facility was implemented, as far as I know, only for git and hg.
Thanks, Bruno.
Frank Loeffler wrote:
Hi,
This is for those running the testsuites for the release. Please do a fresh checkout each time. GetComponents currently isn't handling branch-switching really well / not at all while updating an existing checkout. However, we will switch branches at some point during the release.
I just updated the compile_tests script accordingly.
Frank
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 04:10:04PM -0400, Bruno Coutinho Mundim wrote:
Could you be more specific?
The main issue I see is that we should make sure that during the last days of this release cycle we actually use the right version of everything. If you always do a fresh checkout for testing you should not have any problem. This is what 'compile_tests' does.
If you however do an update every time, GetComponents might have problems switching from one branch (trunk/master) to another (ET_2011_05). This is AFAIK now implemented for svn/cvs, and Erik reported problems for git. In addition, updating and using a newest location of GetComponents itself requires currently three updates in a row: first to update the thornlist, a second to update GetComponents, and then during the third update you are finally using the newest version of GetComponents for the update.
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org