Hello, I was wondering how to output an ADM Mass in ET?
Hello Peter,
I was wondering how to output an ADM Mass in ET?
The easiest way is to use LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures to compute the ADM mass either on a horizon (if this is what you want) or a surface far away.
It has some sample parameter files and I believe that the qc0-mclachlan.par file in repos/McLachlan/par also contains QuasiLocalMeasures.
Yours, Roland
On 8 Feb 2012, at 17:05, Petr Tsatsin wrote:
Hello, I was wondering how to output an ADM Mass in ET?
If you are using TwoPunctures initial data, the ADM mass of the spacetime is output on standard output after the initial data is calculated. If you want to compute the actual ADM mass integral, the only option that I know about in the ET is the QuasiLocalMeasures thorn:
On 16 Dec 2011, at 15:14, Eloisa Bentivegna wrote:
QuasiLocalMeasures integrates the corresponding integrand over an arbitrary sphere, and calls it an "adm_energy". It does not, however, provide an extrapolation to infinity.
There is a thorn called ADMMass which we plan to include in the ET, but this has not happened yet because no one has written any documentation for it.
ADMMass can be downloaded using
svn checkout https://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/ADMMass/trunk ADMMass
It was originally written by Frank Loeffler, and is GPL. The discussion concerning this thorn is at http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2011-December/thread.html#1....
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org