Hi,
One the CCE thorns that I coded up uses FFTW for filtering and calculating time derivatives. Is there a thorn that provides FFTW version 3 already in ET? I used the GSL thorn as a template to make such a thorn. I can commit it under PITTNullCode, but this would be redundant if the thorn already exists.
To my knowledge no such thorn exists. I wrote a wrapper that helps configuring FFTW 2.x, but never updated it, and this wrapper also doesn't know how to build FFTW by itself is necessary.
Please commit it. It may also make sense to move this into the ExternalLibraries arrangement.
-erik
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Yosef Zlochower yosef@astro.rit.edu wrote:
Hi,
One the CCE thorns that I coded up uses FFTW for filtering and calculating time derivatives. Is there a thorn that provides FFTW version 3 already in ET? I used the GSL thorn as a template to make such a thorn. I can commit it under PITTNullCode, but this would be redundant if the thorn already exists.
-- Dr. Yosef Zlochower Center for Computational Relativity and Gravitation Assistant Professor School of Mathematical Sciences Rochester Institute of Technology 85 Lomb Memorial Drive Rochester, NY 14623
Office:74-2067 Phone: +1 585-475-6103
yosef@astro.rit.edu
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information. _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hi,
I committed the thorn into PITTNullCode. I tested that the thorn works on my computer both when a preexisting FFTW3 library is provided (and the FFTW3_DIR option is set) and when Cactus has to compile one from scratch. The script was taken from GSL and HDF5 thorns.
Erik Schnetter wrote:
To my knowledge no such thorn exists. I wrote a wrapper that helps configuring FFTW 2.x, but never updated it, and this wrapper also doesn't know how to build FFTW by itself is necessary.
Please commit it. It may also make sense to move this into the ExternalLibraries arrangement.
-erik
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Yosef Zlochower yosef@astro.rit.edu wrote:
Hi,
One the CCE thorns that I coded up uses FFTW for filtering and calculating time derivatives. Is there a thorn that provides FFTW version 3 already in ET? I used the GSL thorn as a template to make such a thorn. I can commit it under PITTNullCode, but this would be redundant if the thorn already exists.
-- Dr. Yosef Zlochower Center for Computational Relativity and Gravitation Assistant Professor School of Mathematical Sciences Rochester Institute of Technology 85 Lomb Memorial Drive Rochester, NY 14623
Office:74-2067 Phone: +1 585-475-6103
yosef@astro.rit.edu
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information. _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org