Hi,
I have cleaned out my old Cactus installation and am starting anew. I have run GetComponents for the development version. I began with no Cactus directory. Here is what I see:
homelap-3:~ comerduncan$ ./GetComponents --noshallow -a https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/trunk/einsteintoolkit.th ----------------------------------------------------------------- Checking out module: manifest from repository: http://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/trunk into: Cactus ----------------------------------------------------------------- Checking out module: Cactus from repository: http://svn.cactuscode.org/flesh/trunk into: Cactus as: . ----------------------------------------------------------------- Checking out module: simfactory2 from repository: https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory2/trunk into: Cactus as: simfactory
Now the above script was started at 14:17 on Friday 2 July. It is now 14:45 and the installation has not proceeded from the last line listed above. I have not nuked the attempt but am wondering if this is indicative of a problem somewhere at CCT? I surely am fine with standing in line if necessary. This just seems excessively long. I have looked at the Cactus directory and ls returns just:
homelap-3:~ comerduncan$ ls ./Cactus total 144 -rw-r--r-- 1 comerduncan staff 968 Jul 3 14:17 CONTRIBUTORS -rw-r--r-- 1 comerduncan staff 19352 Jul 3 14:17 COPYRIGHT -rw-r--r-- 1 comerduncan staff 46292 Jul 3 14:17 Makefile drwxr-xr-x 16 comerduncan staff 544 Jul 3 14:17 src/ drwxr-xr-x 6 comerduncan staff 204 Jul 3 14:17 lib/ drwxr-xr-x 4 comerduncan staff 136 Jul 3 14:17 arrangements/ drwxr-xr-x 14 comerduncan staff 476 Jul 3 14:17 doc/ drwxr-xr-x 8 comerduncan staff 272 Jul 3 14:17 manifest/
so simfactory has just not made it (yet?).
Has anyone seen this behavior before?
I am running on my macbook pro running lion. I spent the morning working on getting macports populated with the list of required ports in the config file osx_lion_macports_gcc.cfg. So, I think I am ready to give building cactus a try. I have already successfully built the development version on my debian machine running squeeze and have used simfactory in the build and have successfully run the test on the tutorial page after making a couple of adaptations from queenbee to my local linux machine. Armed with that success I decided to give the macbook another try. This is where I am at the moment.
Thanks for any help will be appreciated.
Best,
Comer
Comer
The svn server is currently having problems with access permissions. It may be that some timeouts slow down your checkout. We hope to have this remedied soon.
To test things, you can also check out Simfactory stand-alone (without using GetComponents). This would give you more progress information and tell you more about its speed.
cd Cactus svn checkout https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory2/trunk simfactory
-erik
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Comer Duncan comer.duncan@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,
I have cleaned out my old Cactus installation and am starting anew. I have run GetComponents for the development version. I began with no Cactus directory. Here is what I see:
homelap-3:~ comerduncan$ ./GetComponents --noshallow -a https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/trunk/einsteintoolkit.th
Checking out module: manifest from repository: http://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/trunk into: Cactus
Checking out module: Cactus from repository: http://svn.cactuscode.org/flesh/trunk into: Cactus as: .
Checking out module: simfactory2 from repository: https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory2/trunk into: Cactus as: simfactory
Now the above script was started at 14:17 on Friday 2 July. It is now 14:45 and the installation has not proceeded from the last line listed above. I have not nuked the attempt but am wondering if this is indicative of a problem somewhere at CCT? I surely am fine with standing in line if necessary. This just seems excessively long. I have looked at the Cactus directory and ls returns just:
homelap-3:~ comerduncan$ ls ./Cactus total 144 -rw-r--r-- 1 comerduncan staff 968 Jul 3 14:17 CONTRIBUTORS -rw-r--r-- 1 comerduncan staff 19352 Jul 3 14:17 COPYRIGHT -rw-r--r-- 1 comerduncan staff 46292 Jul 3 14:17 Makefile drwxr-xr-x 16 comerduncan staff 544 Jul 3 14:17 src/ drwxr-xr-x 6 comerduncan staff 204 Jul 3 14:17 lib/ drwxr-xr-x 4 comerduncan staff 136 Jul 3 14:17 arrangements/ drwxr-xr-x 14 comerduncan staff 476 Jul 3 14:17 doc/ drwxr-xr-x 8 comerduncan staff 272 Jul 3 14:17 manifest/
so simfactory has just not made it (yet?).
Has anyone seen this behavior before?
I am running on my macbook pro running lion. I spent the morning working on getting macports populated with the list of required ports in the config file osx_lion_macports_gcc.cfg. So, I think I am ready to give building cactus a try. I have already successfully built the development version on my debian machine running squeeze and have used simfactory in the build and have successfully run the test on the tutorial page after making a couple of adaptations from queenbee to my local linux machine. Armed with that success I decided to give the macbook another try. This is where I am at the moment.
Thanks for any help will be appreciated.
Best,
Comer
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello Comer,
Now the above script was started at 14:17 on Friday 2 July. It is now 14:45 and the installation has not proceeded from the last line listed above. I have not nuked the attempt but am wondering if this is indicative of a problem somewhere at CCT? I surely am fine with standing in line if necessary. This just seems excessively long. I have looked at the Cactus directory and ls returns just:
You might be able to mitigate the issue a bit by using parallel checkouts (--no-shallow and --anonymous are the defaults in the current development version of GetComponents but not yet in the release version):
GetComponents --parallel -a --no-shallow einsteintoolkit.th
Yours, Roland
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org